Monday 2 June 2014

The Accurate List - An Eventful Journey


“Pratham I must confess I am enjoying this concept of accurate list. It is really funny how crazy ideas where just lying in there.” Rashi was enthusiastically pointing to her head

“Hah that’s not funny anymore, I am scared now, what you will be coming up with after we get married. Oh dear god bless me.”  Pratham pulled Rashi’s leg while taking the last sip of his coffee

“So what is your next stop?” Rashi asked

“Umm I don’t know, maybe I’ll be going over Aarav’s house to check if he’s free for this weekend.” Pratham answered

“Oh you are such a cutie, I wasn’t asking about right now I meant next item from the list.” Rashi laughed at his innocent answer

“Oh I was thinking about Goa. A lot of things can be done there.” Pratham said with little embarrassment

“Great even I was thinking the same, wouldn’t it be exciting?” Pratham wasn’t amused by her question, but as he didn’t want Rashi’s mood to be spoiled so he just nodded throughout the rest of the conversation.

“Dude you are screwed. No offense but I can’t stop laughing at it.” Aarav was having a great time when Pratham told him what happened earlier.

“How the hell I am gonna have my bachelor party in Goa when she’s around?” Frustration level went right up

“We’ll manage something don’t you worry about it.” Aarav tried to comfort him  

And the time came when they boarded train heading to Goa, Pratham and Rashi were a couple and enjoying their heart-to-heart but it was Sonal and Aarav who were having a tough time to talk.

“Hi, Sonam is that right?” Aarav tried to break to ice

“Sorry its Sonal. And you must be Aarav.” Sonal corrected him

“So, guess we are each other’s companion unless the perfect couple doesn’t want us.” Aarav pointed to Rashi and Pratham who were so in their conversation that they have forgotten about these two.

“Lol I don’t think so, I have got my companion right here.” She took out her phone and pointed at it.

“Whoa! I don’t believe it; you have got a dashing persona right here and you want to spend your 18 hour journey with that tiny little thing?”

“Oh someone is trying to impress me?” Sonal asked Aarav

“No certainly not, I was just saying that you should be enjoying.”

“It is the way I enjoy, thanks for your concern.” Sonal smilingly plugged her earphones and Aarav was left with no choice but to sleep

“Dude wakeup…” Aarav’s sleep was disturbed a sudden pat by Pratham

“What? Did we reach already? I slept for 18 hours?” Aarav was confused

“Snap out of it, we are still in train, and Rashi is eating my brain. My ears are gonna bleed anytime now. Help me out!” Pratham was looking tired

“Now you remembered you bought me?” Aarav taunted him

“Hey Rashi! Look the Dudh-sagar waterfall… ” Sonal exclaimed

“God has been listening to me, I am saved.” Pratham gave a sigh of relief

“That is super amazing. Go grab the camera.” Rashi asked Pratham while she was at the door feeling the droplets of water pouring down.
Dudhsagar Falls



“Smile!” A sudden shout from Pratham got Rashi startled “Hey take it easy…”

“You spoiled the picture.” Sonal laughed as she watched the preview

“That cute was when are scared.” Pratham added

“Both of you I am gonna kill you.” Rashi charged Pratham and the train took a jolt, the very next moment she was on the top of Pratham on the floor, and they both had a spilt second of a romantic moment. With the next jolt they broke the eye contact and watched the camera just slipping through the gate, and it was a history.

“And there we all go, splashing into the water, oh Pratham look you are swimming.” It was the angry young man Aarav yelling at them.

“What’s wrong with you? You should be happy it wasn’t one of us.” Rashi was furious

“Hey bro sorry about that, it was my…” Pratham was giving clarification as Aarav walked away

“It was his most prized possession. Much more higher than anything else.” Pratham told the girls why he was acting like that

“Listen Aarav we are really sorry about what happened but you got to let it go.” Sonal was hoping to cheer him up but nothing was coming out of him, until we reached our destination

“So here we are, Goa. Number 4 checked.” Rashi was excited

“Number 2 checked.” Pratham winked back at her

“You love birds are just gonna stand or move your bags aside?” Aarav finally uttered some words.

“Glad you are back to normal mode again” Sonal gave him a little pat on the shoulder.

“No I am not.” Aarav said picking his backpack

They already had their suites pre-booked thanks to Sonal’s dad who were a regular customer to this hotel they were staying at. The smell of sea, sand and feni was amazing. With Aarav’s camera being dropped in Dudh-sagar fall, Pratham being sick of Rashi’s continuous talk, Sonal and Rashi being on the receiving end from Aarav first time, their journey was quite eventful. Rashi went to bed along with Sonal; Pratham knew Aarav needed some time to sink into so he also went to his rom.

“Wake up you sleepy head, selfish idiot.” Aarav’s voice with harsh words were seemingly delightful for Pratham

“Yea buddy, just five more minutes.”

“I am not your mom waking you up for college. If you wanna come to Fort Aguada you have exactly 15 minutes.” Aarav warned Pratham to leave him behind

“Oh boy you are testing my speed now?” Pratham said waking up and hurrying up to the restroom

“Where is he now?” Sonal was waiting in the car for Pratham with Aarav

“He is usually late, actually fashionably late, that’s why I gave him 15 minutes when we had quite an hour. And as expected he is not here yet.” Aarav answered

“Hey guys sorry for being late.” Pratham arrived

“Oh no we were having a great time waiting for you.” Sonal sarcastically answered back

“I like that.” Aarav gave thumbs up to Sonal

“Yea whatever, even we have to wait for Rashi, so I am not the last one.” Pratham said taking off the latecomer badge

“She didn’t tell you? She is not coming, instead she opted for a spa.” Sonal replied asking me to hop in

“Ok, as she wishes her loss.” Pratham said and they left for the fort

The drive to Aguada fort was quite calm; it could easily bring peace to you if you want it. Coconut trees on the both side of road, waving each passenger as happy as they were.

“This is the largest and the best-preserved Portuguese bastion in Goa and was built in 1609-12, to control the entry into the river Mandovi and to protect Old Goa from potential enemy attacks.” Sonal was ready with a fact when we reached there

“Miss can you please just enjoy, we aren’t here to study history.” Aarav asked Sonal to keep facts to herself

“Dude, it’s alright Sonal anything more you have?” Pratham tried to make Sonal feel better but it was the arrow off the bow, they got to the spot where they can see the Arabian Sea with its long infinite reach, the atmosphere was full of freedom that your mind could wander off anywhere. Aarav was busy toying with his new camera, but Sonal was upset with that comment strike from Aarav and it was making Pratham uncomfortable…

Aguada Fort

“Is there anything I could do to make up for that?” he asked

“No, it’s alright he was right about It.” She answered

“And now I have to go on my knees to make it up?”

“Hmm that would be better.”

“Then will it be enough?”

“Nah… Something more…”

“Umm I will bring lilies.”

“No not lilies, roses or sunflowers.”

“Ok roses it is then…”

“And a chocolate cake with it.”

“You are really a tough one.”

“Thanks for the complement; I am not going to be that easy.”

“What now? Lemme think… yea shopping, you can’t say no to that.”

“Ok I am fine; you can stop saying things so that I can feel better.” Sonal said while blushing

“I was serious about those things. Definitely was not saying because you were low.” Pratham confessed the truth

“Did we just acted like we were in relationship?” both said with quite bit of scariness

“Smile you two idiots…” and Aarav snapped that moment

“No we didn’t and will never do such thing.” Pratham said getting up


“Yea for sure.” Sonal sat there watching the lighthouse on the edges of the fort...

No comments:

Post a Comment