Saturday 19 July 2014

The Accurate List - Up is down

Rashi and Pratham were going to marry in few weeks, and with the idea of doing things which they wanted to do before getting hooked up they were in Goa. Living their respective dreams with the company of Rashi’s friend Sonal and Pratham’s buddy Aarav, there were quite intense moments in last few hours, which included both the girls wanting to kiss Pratham, Rashi’s continuous strange interactions with a stranger Ajinkya, Drunkenness and a lot more.

And following the trend this morning was going to be rocky and full of tosses, as Rashi’s read the text from last night…

‘Number 10, haunted house done… number 3, lost my virginity…’ Pratham’s text read

Early in the morning walk of shame awaited both of them, for Sonal a big walk to the washroom and for Pratham walk to the living room back to the sofa…

“Who was she?” Rashi stormed in as he sat there imagining things

“Oh hey there, good morning baby. Why are so up so early?” Pratham was praying to all of the gods he could remember at that time.

 “I demand you should explain that shit right now.” Rashi was fuming standing there pointed to the text on her phone

“Baby, chill and sit nothing happened, I swear.” Pratham knew he was so fucked up.

“You two did all of that on this couch?” She asked while sitting and realizing while getting up again

“Nothing happened, trust me. I was drunk and didn’t knew what was I texting.” Pratham was shouting in a hope that Sonal would listen and stay where she was, but destiny wanted things to spice up the situation.

“What are you doing here?”  Rashi asked and Pratham without turning back was hoping that she wasn’t asking Sonal

“Ummm… Hey good morning. I was… I… I … just using the washroom here.” Pratham got a heart attack as he heard Sonal behind his back.

“Oh really? And what the hell happened to our suite? And would you please explain me why are you wearing only a shirt? Coming right through from my fiancé’s room?” Rashi was about to burst

“Dear she wanted some privacy with Aarav, and about that shirt I have no clues.” Pratham was sweating like he has been put under thousand suns.

“Pratham there is no point in hiding anymore now, Rashi this may surprise you…” Sonal started uttering some words as if sense has gotten back to her

“Yea I am listening to your excuses, go on.”

“You know Aarav and me, both are having a zing out here, and didn’t want to divert any of you, so we kept it under the sheets, but this morning I gotta pee and Aarav was already in the washroom, so I got up and went in there.” Sonal explained pointing to Pratham’s room

“Hey everybody, good morning.” Aarav was standing in his shorts at his door

“Hi buddy, do you mind putting on some pants?” Pratham asked

“Yea but what was all that vague, I overheard?” Aarav asked back

“Oh sweetie its ok, I told them everything. Rashi was having doubts about Pratham and I.” Sonal interrupted before things could go out of hand there.

“I… You… Sweetie… umm…” Aarav went speechless this time, it was a situation to keep calm and believe what happens, happens for good. Before Aarav could do any more mumbling Sonal pulled him in his room and bang went the door.

“Pratham….” Rashi was about to apologize but Pratham got up and locked up the door with another bang.

              There were three scenarios with three different emotions in few meters perimeter. First scene was Sonal’s and Aarav’s awkward silence in Aarav’s room, with Sonal full of regret and Aarav full of confusion. Secondly there was Rashi, sitting alone on the couch, with her heart full of sorrow to doubt her fiancé on her best friend. Lastly Pratham’s room, where his life started to turn upside down, he cheated his fiancé on her best friend, the wrath was about to be released upon his room.

“That shirt is supposedly belong to Pratham.” Aarav tried to break the ice

“Yea I know, but it’s nothing like you are thinking.” Sonal said

“What am I supposed to say? You yourself said it all out there.” Aarav wanted to clear his confusion that is he was drunk last night or missed something

“I was afraid, from the moment we came back from the Three King’s Church. So I knocked here late last night, we were having a nice little conversation and called up alcohol. And the last thing I knew was we were kissing. And I woke up when Rashi stormed in this morning.” Sonal tried to explain situation on hand.

“Sorry no offense, but by the word WE, you did mean you and Pratham right?”

“None taken, yea of course I meant him. The shirt says it all.” Sonal sat with a sadden heart

“Oh wait you must be having hangover, let me order something for you.”

“No, I need to think what happened last night. It’s important for me.”

“Let bygones be bygone, start a fresh.”

“By the way, you were not trying to hit on me?” Aarav winked at Sonal in a hope that it will make her frown go away

“Not at all, it’s not my style and moreover you are not of my type.”

“That was rude…” and with this something came to make that room smile but that was not going to come to other two rooms that easily

“Why was it was so difficult for me to gulp down? One night stand, it also tops my list, then also I overreacted.”  Rashi was talking to herself at this particular moment

“What if I did the same thing? Then will Pratham react the same way I did? It was our pact that whatever will it be, no one will blame it on other.” And the tear rolls down her right cheek, right across the hall, Pratham was in his own world, his room was now a mess. Lamp was hanging with its power cable plugged in and the rest of it out of the balcony. Mirror which was there few minutes ago was now into pieces. He was lying on bed thinking…

‘What was I thinking, Sonal is like a sister to her, and I am such a disgrace. Can I ever will make eye contact with everyone out there?’ Pratham was in mixed emotions, anger was on the top of all of them

“Wait a minute, nothing happened last night.” Sonal got a blink of whatever happened few hours back

“What happened then?” Aarav asked

“Wait lemme tell everything to Pratham first…” and she got up ignoring Rashi who was weeping on the couch and opened the door just to watch how much Pratham was destroyed with the thought that he cheated Rashi

“What now?” he yelled at Sonal

“Nothing happened… we were kissing and started to get undressed, but before we could do anything else you forgot where you put your protection and started searching the room. But fell we went to sleep before you could. Hence the mess, hence you were sleeping on floor, I got up couldn’t find my dress put on your shirt and hence this.” Sonal said pulling the collar of the shirt she was wearing.

“And are you sure about your theory miss Sherlock?” it was the second time he referred Sonal with that name

“Damn sure, you messy head.” As Sonal said Pratham got up and hugged her

“I better go and make Rashi’s frame of mind a better one.” Pratham went out just to find that Rashi left a while back

“Now what? Does she heard us?” he asked Aarav

“I don’t know, I was enjoying your conversation. Oh and buddy by the way there something on your face.”

“What?”

“This…” and there was something now, a bruised eye with sucker punch coming from nowhere

“Argh… What was that for?” Pratham asked

“Cheating.” the one worded answer he received

“I am going to get some inner peace.” Sonal left not knowing what to do

“Find some for him too…” Aarav said for Pratham

“First I have to find some ice pack here. That was hard dude, I hardly can open my eye.” Pratham was crying off pain

“You deserved that and you know it.”

Pratham was having trouble in right eye only, but for Rashi it was both of them. Anyone can clearly see what she was doing a while back, crying. It was noon, though the sun was not out there, but an awkward time to head beach. She wanted to be the lone soul there, just rearranging herself. This made her vulnerable, to what was coming towards her, another lone soul…

“Hey there! I didn’t expect you here at this time of the day.” Ajinkya’s voice made Rashi to come back to real time

“Oh hi…” Rashi tried to sound normal

“Were you… oh you were, no you are, crying. What happened? Is everything alright?”

“Yea all’s good.”

“I guess not, some health concern? You know I am a doctor right?”

“That’s kind of you, but I am fine just wanted to be alone.”

“Should I leave then?” Ajinkya asked

“May be I need an ear to listen to Me.” Rashi said

“All yours… I mean all attention yours.” He also sat down with waves coming and splashing their feet

“So that’s all you are sad for?” after the story was recited he asked Rashi and she broke the dams and there were rivers flowing out of her eyes

“There there…” he patted her back offer shoulder to cry on

“I didn’t mean any of this to happen.” She was still in tears


The sun was taking a dive in the Arabian Sea, and both the lone souls were sitting the same for hours now. In between, Ajinkya confessed that her fiancé dumped him just before their wedding, and hence he was also a victim of heart break. Rashi didn’t know when her own sorrow sank and pity took over, and when pity turned to care. The sun was now kissing and as well as these two, things got insane and they came to Ajinkya’s room and started making out. Both forgot their sorrow, Rashi was fuming in the morning for the same thing and now even before 12 hours passed she was doing the same. This accurate list thing was turning her into someone else…
‘Number 5 gone… One night stand checked….’ She typed but instead of hitting send she saved it in the drafts.

“Where the hell are you?” Pratham’s call made her got up from the bed

“I am with a friend of mine, what do you want?” she responded

“Look at your tone, I was not at the guilty, it was you and yet you are keeping this attitude?”

“Mr. Pratham, you mind your own business. This whole thing was your idea and now you are complaining when things are not in you control?” she yelled over phone

“You are turning to someone else, I don’t know you, why you are doing this. I am leaving right now. BYE!” and he disconnected the call

“Aarav pack your bags, we are leaving.”

“And where to?” he asked

“Spain! Go damn it… get off your lazy idiot. I am going to the manager to see next flight.” Pratham left the suite

“Hi what’s the rush?” Sonal bumped Pratham on the way

“We are leaving, I can’t take it anymore. It was all my mistake, I shouldn’t have ever done this.” Pratham said and moved forward

“We? Where? And there he goes, arrogance at its best.” Sonal murmured

“I want the manager, where is he?” Pratham asked

“Sorry sir, it’s she, and she is not here, she has flight to Madrid in a couple of hours.” The receptionist corrected him

“Very well, a woman’s administration.”

“Sorry sir may I help you?”

“Yes please, con you please contact your manger and book two tickets on the same flight to Madrid.”

“I’ll try my best sir.”

“Lock and loaded.” Aarav reached with bags

“Dude inappropriate time to quote Counter Strike, don’t you think so?” Pratham asked

“I don’t usually quote games, but when I do it’s mismatched.”

“Sir, you got lucky but not lucky enough to get two adjacent seats.”

“Oh that’s fine, actually more than fine. At least I have a chance to sit next to hottie.” Aarav winked

“But sir the flight is in an hour you better hurry.”

“Yea thanks…” As they left the hotel, Pratham was still angry at Rashi as she was behaving childish and blaming everything on him. Other hand Sonal was not quite sure what happened but knew there was something wrong with the couple.

“Where are the boys? Their suite is all locked up.” Rashi asked Sonal once she parted her ways with Ajinkya

“They left for Spain I guess.” Sonal replied only the sufficient

“Good for him…”

‘Number 9 done… the big fight…’ and again saved the text instead of clicking send.

At the same moment she received Facebook notification from Robin, her ex, complimenting her on one of her recent picture of Goa. And something made her smile turned in to a grin…





            On other hand, Pratham and Aarav checked-in just on time. As last moment ticketing, they were having different seats, 17B and 31E. The flight of 12 hours 20 minutes was going to be pleasant for one of them, and for other it will be worth a suffering....

No comments:

Post a Comment