Sunday 18 May 2014

The Burger Joint


The Burger Joint Part-I

The bell rang and her old tired eyes searched the door in pursuit of him. It was her daily schedule, sitting behind the cashiers counter, checking every person who's coming in. Initially it didn't bothered me, as she was the owner and held the right to mentally examine the customers. But later I realized it isn't normal and I begun to observe her. 
"No I don't have any change, you want your burger or not?" She yelled at a school girl
"One veggie burger for dine in" and yelled again at her chef
"Old lady ain't gonna let anyone take it easy." The waiter murmured while serving me my meal
Few days went like that only. The usual yelling, followed by more. One thing I discovered that every time door opened and the bell rang, no matter what she was doing, at whom she was yelling she used to forget everything and freeze in anticipation.
"Is she expecting someone?" I asked the waiter in vain
"The old lady? Yea she is indeed. The man who said he'll come again after that stormy night few years back." He replied
Oh her secret love? Who was he? Should I ask her? Those thoughts kept coming to me as I left...

2 comments:

  1. well that made me curious about what next???

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D keep watching this space for more.....

    ReplyDelete